The Terminologia Embryologica (TE) is a standardized list of words used in the description of human embryologic and fetal structures. It was produced by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Terminology on behalf of the International Federation of Associations of Anatomists and posted on the Internet since 2010. It has been approved by the General Assembly of the IFAA during the seventeenth International Congress of Anatomy in Cape Town (August 2009).
It is analogous to the Terminologia Anatomica (TA), which standardizes terminology for adult human anatomy and which deals primarily with naked-eye adult anatomy. It succeeds the Nomina Embryologica, which was included as a component of the Nomina Anatomica.
It was not included in the original version of the TA.
- e1.0: General terms 
- e2.0: Ontogeny 
- e3.0: Embryogeny 
- e4.0: General histology 
- e5.0: Bones; Skeletal system 
- e5.1: Joints; Articular system 
- e5.2: Muscles; Muscular system 
- e5.3: Face 
- e5.4: Alimentary system 
- e5.5: Respiratory system 
- e5.6: Urinary system 
- e5.7: Genital systems 
- e5.8: Coelom and septa 
- e5.9: Mesenchymal mesenteric masses 
- e5.10: Endocrine glands 
- e5.11: Cardiovascular system 
- e5.12: Lymphoid system 
- e5.13: Nervous system 
- e5.14: Central nervous system 
- e5.15: Peripheral nervous system 
- e5.16: Sense organs 
- e5.17: The integument 
- e6.0: Extraembryonic and fetal membranes 
- e7.0: Embryogenesis (-> 13 st) 
- e7.0: Embryogenesis (14 st ->) 
- e7.1: Fetogenesis 
- e7.2: Features of mature neonate 
- e8.0: Dysmorphia terms 
- "IFAA". Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "IFAA History". Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-12-06.
- prepared by subcommittees of the International Anatomical Nomenclature Committee appointed at the seventh International Congress of Anatomists in New York, 1960, based upon provisional versions approved by the ninth international congress in Leningrad, 1970. (1977). Nomina anatomica: approved by the Tenth International Congress of Anatomists at Tokyo, August 1975, together with Nomina histologica and Nomina embryologica. Amsterdam: Excerpta Medica. ISBN 0-444-15259-8.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Arráez-aybar; González-Lorrio, F.; Marantos-Gamarra, D. G.; Jiménez-Collado, J. (2003). "Cardiac developmental onomatology: the real heart of the matter". Annals of Anatomy - Anatomischer Anzeiger. 185 (6): 525–533. doi:10.1016/S0940-9602(03)80119-X. PMID 14703997.
|Wikidata has the property:|