The McDouble is a hamburger sold by the fast-food restaurant chain McDonald's. It was introduced in 1997, but was discontinued until 2008. It is one of the cheapest products sold by the company.
|†Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.|
The burger contains 390 calories, 23g, 7% of fiber and 20% of daily calcium.
The price of the burger depends on their size and at the company, with the price sometimes ranging to $2.99 it is also the cheapest way to buy a burger similar to the Big Mac, and was also referred to as a lifehack, as the burger is half the size of a Big Mac.
The burger was introduced in 1997, and was being advertised with "Eddie the Echo", at which point the McDouble did not have cheese yet and was garnished with lettuce and tomatoes.
People on social media, including some radio announcers, claimed that the Mcdouble was the cheapest and most nutritious food, and it was also claimed to be the cheapest alternative to junk foods.
- Smith, Kyle (July 28, 2013). "The greatest food in human history".
- Jiang, Irene. "I tried to order 9 things from McDonald's 'secret menu' — but it was a much bigger challenge than I expected". Business Insider.
- Lutz, Ashley. "Here's The Simple Trick For Getting A Big Mac For Way Cheaper". Business Insider.
- John, Colin St. "This Is How to Hack the New McDonald's McPick 2 Menu". Inverse.
- "This food hack shows you how to get a McDonald's Big Mac for half the price". The Independent. November 8, 2016.
- "McDouble®: Calories and Nutrition | McDonald's". www.mcdonalds.com.
- "How to Hack the McDonald's McPick 2 Menu". Inverse. 2015-12-28. Retrieved 2019-09-13.
- "After Year of Flubs, McDonald's Loses Its Taste for Novelty". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-09-13.
- Tousignant, Lauren (February 22, 2017). "McDonald's secrets revealed".
- Johnson, Daniel (July 30, 2013). "McDouble is 'cheapest and most nutritious food in human history'" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Is McDonald's double cheeseburger the cheapest most nutritious food ever? Apparently so..." Express.co.uk. July 30, 2013.
- "McDonald's McDouble Burger Named 'Cheapest, Most Nutritious Food In History' (POLL, VIDEO) | HuffPost Life". Huffingtonpost.co.uk. 2013-07-30. Retrieved 2019-09-13.