Kate Norgate (1853–1935) was a British historian. She was one of the first women to achieve academic success in this sphere. She is best known for her history of England under the Angevin kings and for coining the name Angevin Empire to describe their domains. She was self-educated in the Victorian era when higher education was generally denied to women. Her obituary in The Times described her as "the most learned woman historian of the pre-academic period."
- Kate Norgate England Under The Angevin Kings, In Two Volumes- Originally Published: London (1887). At Questia
- J.R. Green, M. A. Edited by Mrs. J.R. Green and Miss Kate Norgate. Green's "Short History," Illustrated; A Short History Of The English People. In four volumes. Vol. IV. New-York: Harper & Brothers. (1895).
- Kate Norgate, The Alleged Condemnation of King John by the Court of France in 1202 Transactions of the Royal Historical Society, New Series, Vol. 14, (1900), pp. 53-67
- Kate Norgate, John Lackland (1902) Macmillan (See John, King of England.)
- Kate Norgate, The Minority of Henry the Third (1912)
- Kate Norgate, Richard the Lion Heart (1924).
- Kate Norgate, Philip of France Wins the French Domains of the English Kings (1202-1204) Research paper(1912).
- Woolf, D. R., ed. (3 June 2014). "Norgate, Kate by Ellen Jacobs". A Global Encyclopedia of Historical Writing. vol. II K–Z. Routledge. p. 663. ISBN 978-1-134-81998-0.
- Peterson, Linda H., ed. (2015). The Cambridge Companion to Victorian Women's Writing. Cambridge University Press. p. 378. ISBN 978-1-316-39034-4.
- Freeman, Edward A. (October 1887). "Review of England under the Angevin Kings (2 vols.) by Kate Norgate". The English Historical Review: 774–780.
- Adams, George B. (1904). "Review of John Lackland by Kate Norgate". The American Historical Review. doi:10.1086/ahr/9.2.352. ISSN 1937-5239.
- Powicke, F. M. (1913). "Review of The Minority of Henry the Third by Kate Norgate". The Scottish Historical Review. 10: 403–405.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- Gordon-Kelter, Janice; Jacobs, Ellen. "Norgate, Kate". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/35248. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|