Johann Ludwig von Wolzogen
Johann Ludwig von Wolzogen (1599–1661) was an Austrian nobleman and Socinian theologian.
Wolzogen was born in Nové Zámky (modern Slovakia), known then as Neuhäusel in German and Érsekújvár in Hungarian. He inherited the titles of Baron of Tarenfeldt and Freiherr of Neuhäusel.
Comenius became acquainted with Wolzogen in 1638. And Wolzogen took issue with the followers of Descartes. Wolzogen was a distinguished exegete, and, besides his Bible commentaries, wrote a Compendium religionis Christiana and a criticism of the doctrine of the Trinity . Among the early Unitarians Wolzogen is among those noted for his uncompromising preaching of pacifism. along with Joachim Stegmann and Daniel Zwicker.
He died in Silesia.
Translations from French to Polish by WolzogenEdit
- Johann Ludwig Wolzogen - Uwagi do medytacji metafizycznych René Descartes'a (Polish)
- Biblioteca Fratrum Polonorum Vol.vii-viii Johannis Ludovici Wolzogenii Baronis Austriaci : Opera omnia, exegetica, didacteca, et polemica, Quorum Seriem versa pagina exhibet, Cum indicibus necessariis. Frans Kuyper Amsterdam 1668
- De Scripturarum interprete adversus exercitatorem paradoxum libri duo 1668
- Schadel Erwin, Wiederholte Ansprache an Baron Wolzogen : mit einem Kommentar und einen Einführung in der antisozinianische Kontroverse des Comenius = Iteratus ad Baronem Wolzogenium sermo
- Ludwik Chmaj: Wolzogen przeciw Descartes'owi : przyczynek do charakterystyki zwia̧zku aryanizmu polskiego z myśla̧ filozoficzna̧ zachodu by
- Peter Brock Pacifism in Europe to 1914- 2015 - p.149 1400867495 "Thus even Wolzogen, despite the generally uncompromising nature of his pacifist witness, bears the imprint of Socinus' adaptation of the Antitrinitarian peace testimony to the needs of the Antitrinitarian szlachta. ."
- The Slavonic and East European review - Volume 70 - Page 686 also Peter Brock Against the Draft: Essays on Conscientious Objection 2006 0802090737 "Wolzogen's works from German into Latin, was writing in support of pacifism, too, though ... Stegmann – as well as Wolzogen (and Zwicker) – still supported warmly the stand of the conscientious objector. But of course their advocacy was purely theoretical, for the question of military conscription had long ceased to be one that ..."
- Bibliotheca Fratrum Polonorum quos Unitarios vocant : instructa operibus omnibus Fausti Socini Senensis, noblissimi Itali, Johannis Crellii Franci, Jonae Slichtingii da Bucowietz, Equitis Polini, exegeticis & Johannis Ludovici Wolzogenii Baronis Austriaci, quae omnia simul juncta totius Novi Testamenti explicationem complectuntur.
|This Hungarian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|