Dennis Hickey (American football)
Dennis Hickey is the former general manager of the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He was hired on January 27, 2014 and left on January 2, 2016. One of his first changes upon being hired by the Dolphins was the development of a football analytics department. Hickey is 46 years old.
Early life and early careerEdit
In 1990, Hickey failed to procure a football scholarship at the University of Tulsa. Hickey instead played football for Coffeyville Community College, where he led the team to a junior college football championship.
Eventually however, Hickey finally caught on with Tulsa, playing safety for the team for 3 seasons. In 1991 Tulsa finished the season 10-2.
Prior to being hired by Miami, Hickey worked in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football operations group, serving in a number of personnel roles. He worked under general managers Rich McKay, Bruce Allen and Mark Dominik and alongside head coaches Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano.
- Dolphins hire Dennis Hickey as GM
- Dolphins hire Dennis Hickey as new GM
- "Miami Dolphins part ways with GM Dennis Hickey". NFL.com. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey thinks outside the box
- "Who is this guy? A brief bio of new Miami Dolphins GM Dennis..." www.palmbeachpost.com. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "New Miami Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey has overcome obstacles and shown staying power". My Palm Beach Post. My Palm Beach Post. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|